To protect people and planet.
EJF strives to:
- Protect the natural environment and the people and wildlife that depend upon it by linking environmental security, human rights and social need.
- Create and implement solutions where they are needed most – training local people and communities who are directly affected to investigate, expose and combat environmental degradation and associated human rights abuses.
- Provide training in the latest video technologies, research and advocacy skills to document both the problems and solutions, working through the media to create public and political platforms for constructive change.
- Raise international awareness of the issues our partners are working locally to resolve.
A world where natural habitats and environments can sustain, and be sustained by, the communities that depend upon them for their basic needs and livelihoods.
1. HUMAN RIGHTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECURITY
We believe environmental security is a human right and that the health, security and effective conservation of our natural world is essential to the well-being of all humankind.
We believe in the equality of all people and in their equal and inalienable rights as described in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
2. EFFECTIVENESS AND EFFICIENCY
We believe in focusing on outcomes rather than processes and strive to ensure that our work is appropriate, highly cost-effective and efficient.
We are dedicated to exploring innovative, inspirational and creative solutions to our goals.
We are committed to independence and freedom from any political or religious affiliations, or any support that seeks to compromise our independence, aims, objectives or integrity.
We are streamlined and focused, enabling us to respond quickly to needs and opportunities.
We believe in transparency and accountability in our working practices. We take account of and value diversity and are committed to non-discrimination.
7. EQUITY, NON-DISCRIMINATION & INCLUSIVENESS
We believe in equity and justice and a need to respect, protect and engage disempowered and marginalised communities most at risk from environmental degradation. We respect diverse cultures and beliefs.
We believe in and will always adhere to the principles of non-violence.
Download our mission statement.