EJF WORKS TO:
1. End pirate fishing in West Africa through community surveillance and by promoting transboundary cooperation.
2. Ensure that international measures to combat IUU fishing are developed, ratified, implemented and strictly enforced. This includes the EU IUU regulation, the Port State Measures Agreement and the Global Record of fishing vessels.
3. Promote flag State responsibility and an end to the exploitation of Flags of Convenience.
4. Engage directly with both authorities and local fishing communities in West Africa to develop Marine Protected Areas that are both locally appropriate and sustainable.
5. Empower grassroots organisations, providing training in filmmaking and advocacy that enables them to promote marine conservation and combat pirate fishing.