Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
Position: Experienced Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
Based: EJF office in Bath
Contract: Full time / permanent (part time with minimum 20 hours also considered)
Salary range: £24,000 – 28,000 pro-rata (dependent upon experience)
- Private healthcare package
- Pro rata pension contributions rising with each year of service
- Pro rated annual leave of 28 days (including bank holidays) and additional paid leave over Christmas period, rising by 2 days for each year of service
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Reporting to the charity Directors and working closely with the Deputy Director / Operations Manager, the role is a rare opportunity for an experienced, precise and conscientious bookkeeper / administrator to join a dynamic and high-impact team working to protect our global environment and human rights.
EJF has offices and staff in London and Bath, Germany, Belgium, West Africa and Asia. The role is right for you if you’re an energetic, enthusiastic and meticulously organised bookkeeper / administrator who can ensure that EJF’s financial administration and operations run efficiently.
Undertake financial tasks including:
- Dealing with invoices and purchase orders; posting journals in Sage
- Manage petty cash, including reviewing and processing employee and volunteer expenses
- Support the production of financial reporting for internal and external use
- Deposit cheques into the bank
- Collate back-up required from online donations and sales in Stripe, Just Giving, PayPal etc
- Reconcile and process Gift-Aid
- Assist with financial projections analysis and monitoring of expenditure across EJF operations.
Support other administrative needs of the organisation including:
– Ensuring EJF’s offices in Bath and London are secure and well-maintained and IT and communications needs are functioning smoothly: ordering / maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Acting as the main point of contact and welcome at the Bath office, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and couriers, answering phones and ensuring hosted meetings and external communications are efficient.
- Supporting the management of databases, including data inputting.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Very good understanding of accounting and a superb eye for detail; relevant book-keeping training and minimum of three years’ work experience (preferably in charity sector).
- Knowledge of basic computing and IT skills / management of IT systems and / or database.
- Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, highly organised and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
- Experience using Sage.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 16th April 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.