Campaign Assistant - Thailand
Based: EJF office in Bangkok (with frequent travel within Thailand)
Contract: Fixed-term for 6 months (potentially renewable or convertible to a permanent position, subject to performance review)
Salary range: 40,000 – 60,000 baht per month, dependent on experience
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
EJF is working in Thailand to end illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing and human rights abuses on fishing vessels and actively promote improvements to policy- making, corporate governance and management of fisheries.
EJF is seeking to employ a Campaign Assistant in Thailand to help deliver policy reforms in the fishing industry. This position will include engaging with Thai Government monitoring and enforcement mechanisms, conducting fieldwork and research alongside EJF campaigners as well as regular interactions with other government agencies, private sector actors and partner organisations.
Successful candidates should be comfortable working independently and be confident in: conducting independent field-based research work; public speaking including at high-profile meetings. Candidates should also be prepared to travel within Thailand, potentially at short notice. Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic this position is subject to change.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluency in Thai
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- A first degree in any relevant discipline (journalism, social science, environmental science, marine sciences, etc)
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience (journalism, NGOs, private sector, field work, etc)
- Demonstrable experience forming and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to use desk-based internet research to gather information
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc)
Desirable skills and experience:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable interest in or experience working on any of the following topics; sustainable fisheries; fish stock assessment or biodiversity assessment; marine conservation issues; global seafood industry.
- Professional camera experience (film or photography)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in conducting field-based research projects
- Fluency in additional Southeast Asian languages (Khmer, Indonesian or Burmese) an asset
- Car driving license
Deadline: 7th August 2020 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Please submit a CV with covering letter to: email@example.com
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.