Executive Assistant to the Founding Directors
Based: Bath or London, with some national and international travel
Contract: Full-time, permanent (initially providing maternity cover)
Salary range: £28,000 - £38,000 (according to experience and location).
• Private healthcare package
• Generous pension rising with each completed year of service
• Generous personal leave entitlement increasing annually
• Home working 1 day per week
• Unique opportunities for career development within a high-impact international organisation
This is a rare opportunity to provide Executive Assistant (EA) support to the Founding Directors of the Environmental Justice Foundation, a leading international environmental and human rights organisation.
The EA will play a critical role, supporting the Directors to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of EJF’s campaigns and field programmes in the UK and internationally. The EA will: undertake a range of administrative tasks; coordinate and promote effective team-working; help build EJF’s visibility and engagement across multiple audiences and optimise our income and impact.
This is a challenging, busy and varied role that requires superb interpersonal and communications skills, a friendly ‘can-do’ approach, alongside commitment and determination to deliver on EJF’s ambitious plans to Protect People and Planet.
- Full administrative support to the Founding Directors (including staff management, coordination of diaries and meetings).
- Coordination and monitoring of progress towards campaign outcomes, reporting to the Founding Directors and undertaking specific actions as directed by them to improve management and reporting.
- Production of extensive high-quality communications – letters, briefings and reports, blogs, speeches and presentations.
- Organisation of EJF internal and external events and public outreach.
- Planning and supporting logistics and protocols for international trips and teams.
- Representing EJF in external meetings as requested.
- Supporting fundraising and communications teams; special events and partnerships.
- Oversight and day to day management of staff records and EJF UK offices (London and Bath)
Essential skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding organizational, project, interpersonal and people-management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, responding to needs and opportunities.
- Excellent writing and presentational skills.
- Willingness to address difficult issues, understanding the absolute need for integrity, confidentiality and discretion; the role requires tenacity, determination and patience
- Able to work independently and according to specific direction, the EA will have strong interpersonal skills and team-working.
- Accuracy and reliability.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Understanding that change is not easily won, but worth winning.
- Degree level or above.
- Proficiency in relevant language/s (French, Spanish, German, Chinese).
Applications: please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 25th March 2021
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications please.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.