Fundraising Assistant to the Directors
Based: EJF office in Bath or London
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary range: £26,000-£30,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Private healthcare package
- Generous pension rising with each year of service
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing for each year of service, plus 1 personal day per year
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Life insurance
We are seeking a Fundraising Assistant to the Directors to join EJF’s growing international team. This position will suit an ambitious starter with superb communications skills able to produce concise and compelling fundraising copy. This is an unusual opportunity to join a dynamic and effective organisation working to protect our natural world and defend human rights.
This is the right role for you if you are committed to securing change for people and our shared planet. You must be highly motivated and have a range of skills including producing first class writing and compelling presentations. You are well-organised, resourceful and have a curious and strategic mind to identify new income streams for EJF’s campaigns and projects globally. You have a determination to deliver high-quality funding proposals and reports and create trusted and efficient relationships with funders.
The Fundraising Assistant will:
- Develop EJF’s fundraising, researching new potential donors nationally and internationally (private and public, including EU Commission) and preparing detailed letters of enquiry and proposals.
- Monitor deadlines and reporting schedules, keeping a detailed calendar, liaising with the Directors and other key staff as needed to flag new opportunities and upcoming deadlines.
- Draft letters and identify contacting for businesses, organisations and influential and high-profile individuals.
- Support event and special project planning and management (supporting the T-shirt project for example).
- Provide research, copywriting and content creation for social media, newsletter, and website in relation to fundraising and development.
- Collate media coverage, EJF reports and films and other updates for delivery to donors.
- Monitor and update the contact database, adding deadlines, responses and next steps as needed.
- Proofread fundraising materials and provide ad-hoc, high quality copy according to tight deadlines.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to time-management and deadlines.
- Creativity and ideas for new ways to engage the donors with our messaging, information and campaigns.
- Ability to adapt writing style to attract and engage a range of different audiences.
- Able to work independently and under close direction, you will liaise with team members for the information needed to craft effective proposals and reports.
- Superb attention to detail and factual accuracy.
- Good data management.
- Reliable, a problem-solver, confident, outgoing and positive.
- Committed to environmental justice, the protection of our natural world and the defence of human rights, alongside support for EJF’s mission, vision, and values.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Experience of digital asset management systems and databases.
- Proficiency in foreign languages.
- Previous success in fundraising.
Applications: Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job and where you saw this ad to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 1st October. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and phone interviews held accordingly.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.