Global Finance and Resources Manager
Position: Global Finance and Resources Manager
Based: EJF offices in London or Bath
Contract: Full time / permanent
Salary range: £40,000 – 46,000 (dependent upon experience)
• Private healthcare package
• Pension contributions rising with each year of service
• Annual leave of 28 days (including bank holidays) and additional paid leave over Christmas period, rising by 2 days for each year of service
• Cycle-to-work scheme
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Senior Management Team and colleagues across the world, the role is a rare opportunity for an experienced, precise and conscientious accountant to join a dynamic and high-impact team working to protect our global environment and human rights.
EJF has offices and staff in Europe, West Africa and Asia. The role is right for you if you’re energetic, enthusiastic and meticulously organised qualified accountant and have a strong commitment to securing value for money. You will need to be able to work globally to ensure that EJF’s financial administration and operations run efficiently in each country where we operate.
Overseeing financial tasks including:
- Working with finance colleagues in your team, preparing and monitoring EJF’s global annual and medium-term budgets.
- Ensuring the production of accurate, accessible and insightful monthly and annual global financial reporting for internal and external users, including the Directors, Senior Management Team, funders and auditors.
- Maintenance and improvement of EJF’s global financial policies, systems, controls and processes, ensuring they are applied in each country where EJF operates; this will include line management of EJF finance staff working overseas.
- Monitoring and ensuring value for money in EJF’s procurement and commissioning of goods and services, identifying and removing inefficiencies and waste.
- Developing and executing EJF’s treasury strategy, including managing currency risk and reserves.
- Oversight of payroll, pensions and other staff benefits in the UK and overseas.
Managing other organisational resources, including:
- Overseeing accessible HR systems and processes that maintain accurate staff records and support managers to undertake recruitment, contracting, training and appraisals.
- Ensuring EJF’s offices in the UK and overseas are secure, well-maintained and served by appropriate IT hardware and systems.
- Management of organisational data and databases.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Qualified accountant with a superb eye for detail.
- Minimum of six years’ work experience (preferably in the international charity sector), including responsibility of managing a team.
- Demonstrable experience securing good value for money through procurement and commissioning.
- Knowledge of related computing and IT skills / management of IT systems and / or databases.
- Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, highly organised and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly, able to work in a growing, diverse international team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to EJF’s countries of operations to assess the development and implementation of financial systems and manage finance staff.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience using Sage.
- Experience operating in multiple currencies.
- Previous responsibility for HR and other non-financial organisational responsibilities.
- Experience implementing new financial and HR systems.
- Track-record of producing budgets and financial reports for successful international projects in the Global South funded by bilateral donors.
- Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 25th June 2021.
Applications will be considered on an on-going basis so do apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.