International Campaigns Coordinator
Based: EJF offices in London or Bath (with regular travel between the UK offices and international travel)
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary range: £55,000 - £60,000 (dependent upon experience)
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Private healthcare package
- Generous pension rising with each year of service
- Annual paid leave of 28 days increasing by 2 days each year of service, plus 1 personal day per year and additional paid leave over Christmas
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Home working 1-2 days per week
This is a rare opportunity to join the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF): one of the world's leading non-profits working at the intersection of environmental conservation and human rights.
This new senior role will coordinate and help to evaluate EJF’s UK and international teams in order to optimise outputs, efficiency and our global impact. The role will cut across EJF’s current campaigns to protect oceans, global climate, forests and wildlife.
The role offers unique opportunities for career growth and personal development as a key member of EJF's Senior Management Team. This is a challenging but rewarding role, giving insights and experience rarely available in the sector.
EJF is lean, agile, creative, strategic and most of all results driven. Join our world-leading professional team to help protect people, wildlife, wild places and our shared natural world.
- Coordinate EJF's campaigns to ensure they achieve maximum impact according to strategic priorities.
- Liaise with the communications, film and campaign teams to leverage effective working and information exchange between colleagues in the UK and overseas.
- Monitor and evaluate campaigns team and programmatic outcomes to refine, develop and improve implementation and strategic planning.
- Provide oversight to ensure national teams are delivering high-quality outcomes within agreed timeframes and budgets and meeting commitments to funders.
- Undertake detailed analysis and reporting to the Executive Board with specific recommendations for action.
- As requested by the Executive Director, lead on key campaign tasks, directing research and implementation of agreed actions.
Essential skills and attributes:
- You have at least 8 years demonstrable professional experience in project / campaign coordination / operations management.
- You have direct experience of efficient budget management and understand the need for clear decision making that underpins cost-efficiencies.
- You have outstanding people management skills: you are able to monitor, motivate and support individuals to achieve their best.
- You are experienced in creating sector-leading communications and outreach. You can write and deliver compelling materials and presentations to diverse audiences.
- You can demonstrate superb information management and analytical skills, alongside impact evaluation and strategic planning.
- You are educated to at least graduate level in a relevant discipline.
- You have a commitment to EJF's Mission and Vision along with the drive, determination and passion necessary to deliver sector-leading impact for the protection of our natural world and environmental justice.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Chinese, French, German, Japanese or Spanish
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com stating where you saw the role advertised. Please note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis so we recommend you apply early.
Closing date for applications: 16th October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.