International Campaigns Manager
Based: EJF offices in London or Bath (with regular travel between the UK offices and international travel)
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary range: £45,000 - £55,000 (dependent upon experience)
Reporting to: Global CEO
• Private healthcare package
• Generous pension rising with each year of service
• Annual paid leave of 28 days increasing by 2 days each year of service, plus 1 personal day per year and additional paid leave over Christmas
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Home working 2 days per week
This is a rare opportunity to work at a senior level in the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF): one of the world's leading non-profits working at the intersection of environmental conservation and human rights.
This new senior role as part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) will coordinate and help to evaluate EJF’s UK and international teams in order to optimise outputs, efficiency and our global impact. The role will cut across EJF’s current campaigns to protect oceans, global climate, forests and wildlife.
The role offers unique opportunities for career growth and personal development as a key member of EJF's Senior Management Team. This is a challenging but rewarding role, giving insights and experience rarely available in the sector.
EJF is lean, agile, creative, strategic and most of all results driven. Join our world-leading professional team to help protect people, wildlife, wild places and our shared natural world.
Key responsibilities: - taking direction from the CEO
- Monitor and coordinate EJF's campaigns to ensure they achieve the desired outcomes and achieve maximum positive impact.
- As requested by the CEO, manage members of the campaign team.
- Ensure international campaign initiatives, engaging multiple offices are working with the greatest possible coordination and efficiency.
- Liaise with the communications, film and campaign teams to ensure effective working and information exchange among colleagues internationally.
- Monitor and evaluate campaigns team and programmatic outcomes to refine, develop and improve strategic planning and implementation.
- Provide oversight to ensure national teams are delivering high-quality outcomes within agreed timeframes, KPIs and budgets and meeting commitments to funders.
- Ensure that EJF’s major field-based programmes, such as those in West Africa, are achieving the desired outcomes and are managed to ensure efficiency and success.
- As requested by the CEO, lead on key campaign actions, directing research, undertaking high-level advocacy and other programme initiatives.
- Monitor campaign budgets and expenditure.
- Stand-in for the CEO, as requested on key meetings and activities.
- Participate in strategic planning with the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Undertake detailed analysis and reporting to the CEO with specific recommendations for action.
Essential skills and attributes:
- You have at least 6 years demonstrable professional experience in project / campaign coordination / operations management.
- You have direct experience of efficient budget management and the need for clear decision making that underpin cost-efficiencies.
- You have outstanding people management skills: you are able to monitor, motivate and support individuals to achieve their best.
- You are experienced in creating sector-leading communications and outreach. You are fluent in English can write and deliver compelling, high-quality materials and make presentations to diverse audiences.
- You can demonstrate superb information management and analytical skills, alongside impact evaluation and strategic planning.
- You are educated to at least graduate level in a relevant discipline.
- You have a strong, demonstrable commitment to EJF's Mission and Vision along with the drive, determination and passion necessary to deliver sector-leading impact for the protection of our natural world and environmental justice.
- Campaign and programmatic experience in the Global South.
- Remote management of staff working in our countries.
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Chinese, French, German, Japanese or Spanish.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20th May 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.