Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
Location: Bangkok (the position is only open to Thai citizens if applying for the post in Bangkok)
Contract: Full-time / Permanent
- 22 days leave (and statutory holidays), increasing by 2 days for each year of service
- Potential for two days per week working from home
- Private health insurance and cycling to work scheme
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is an international non-profit organisation working globally to protect natural environments and the human rights of people who depend on them.
This is a rare opportunity to join the team at EJF: one of the world's leading non-profits working at the intersection of environmental conservation and human rights as an investigator, primarily working with EJF’s ocean, climate and forest teams. These teams use field-based evidence to advocate for policy changes with governments and improved corporate practices in their respective sectors. This role will work to gather the evidence and visual materials that underpin and support our campaigns and advocacy work.
The role offers opportunities for career growth and personal development, working closely with a motivated and talented team of campaign and communications experts across Europe, Africa and Asia. Solid investigative and research skills, a strong sense of journalistic ethics, and an understanding of the fundamental need for attention to detail and factual accuracy are critical.
Essential Skills must include:
- Proven experience of fieldwork in challenging environments gathering data and evidence of environmental, human rights or other crimes and abuses
- The ability to travel regularly, at short notice and on occasion for extended periods of time.
- Fully fluent English
- Demonstrably high-calibre analytical skills
- The ability to produce detailed, robust reports summarising findings at speed and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and according to close direction.
- Experience cultivating and interviewing primary sources
- The ability to develop leads for new investigations
Desired/preferred skills and experience:
- Proven experience of high-calibre photography/videography
- Languages and in particular: French, Chinese, Spanish
- Experience in a professional capacity as a journalist
- Management of sensitive digital assets
Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9th December 2022
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and first-round interviews may be conducted with shortlisted candidates before the application deadline.
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date.