Office Manager / Bookkeeper
Based: EJF offices in Clerkenwell, London
Contract: Part-time (20 – 24 hours per week) permanent
Salary range: £25,000 – 32,000 pro-rata (dependent upon experience)
- Private healthcare package
- Pro rata pension contributions rising with each year of service
- Pro rated annual leave of 28 days (including bank holidays) and additional paid leave over Christmas period.
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Reporting to the charity Directors and working closely with the Finance Manager, the role is a rare opportunity for an experienced, precise and conscientious bookkeeper / administrator to join a dynamic and high-impact team working to protect our global environment and human rights.
EJF has offices and staff in London and Bath, Germany, West Africa and Asia. The role is right for you if you’re an energetic, enthusiastic and meticulously organised bookkeeper / administrator who can ensure that the London head office and its financial administration and operations run efficiently.
Undertake financial tasks including:
- Dealing with invoices and purchase orders; posting journals in Sage
- Manage petty cash, including reviewing and processing employee and volunteer expenses
- Deposit cheques into the bank
- Collate back-up required from online donations and sales in Stripe, Just Giving, PayPal etc
- Reconcile and process Gift-Aid
Provide effective office management including:
- Ensuring the office is secure and well-maintained and IT and communications needs are functioning smoothly: ordering / maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Overseeing the office leases and contracts and making recommendations for cost-effective solutions and alternative provision as requested.
- Acting as the main point of contact and welcome at the office, dealing with incoming and outgoing post and couriers, answering phones and ensuring hosted meetings and external communications are efficient.
- Supporting the management of the database, including data inputting.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Exceptionally strong maths and superb eye for detail; relevant book-keeping training and minimum of 3 years work experience (preferably in charity sector).
- Knowledge of basic computing and IT skills / management of IT systems and / or database.
- Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, highly organised and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Experience of managing a small team of staff or volunteers.
- Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 10th January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.