Regional Manager – Southeast Asia
Based in Bangkok
Full-time / Permanent
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
Salary: Based upon experience.
Benefits (upon successful completion of probationary period):
- 20 days leave (and 13 statutory holidays) increasing by 2 day for each year of service.
- Potential for two days per week working from home.
- Private health insurance
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is an international non-profit organisation working globally to protect natural environments and the human rights of people who depend on them. EJF is working in Thailand to end illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing and human rights abuses on fishing vessels and actively promote improvements to policy- making, corporate governance and management of fisheries.
EJF is seeking to employ a ‘SEA Regional Manager’ to help EJF deliver its campaign objectives in combatting IUU fishing and human rights abuses in Southeast Asian fisheries. This position will involve working with a diverse team of EJF staff based across the region, coordinating and managing campaign targets and deliverables and conducting campaign advocacy to facilitate EJF campaign objectives. This role will work in coordination with the Global Communications Manger in the UK. You will report to the Deputy Director of Southeast Asia and in his absence to the CEO and founder, Steve Trent.
- Successful candidates should be comfortable working independently and be confident in: managing staff workstreams, helping deliver outputs according to deadlines, engaging with a range of partners across varied campaign areas.
- Ideal candidates will also be confident in coordinating, harmonising and leading EJF’s high level advocacy efforts across the region as well as internationally. They should feel comfortable engaging in high-level advocacy meetings to secure campaign objectives.
- Candidates should also be prepared to travel within the region, potentially at short notice.
- Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic this position and its core duties and responsibilities are subject to change.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluency in Thai and English language
- A bachelors degree in any relevant discipline (business administration, non-profit management, environmental policy, journalism, etc)
- A master’s degree in a relevant discipline (NGO management, environmental policy, environmental studies, private sector, business, etc)
- Relevant work experience (journalism, NGOs, private sector, etc)
- Superb interpersonal, communication, networking, and writing skills
- Demonstrable experience forming and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience engaging in high-level advocacy meetings and campaigns
- Adept at using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc) for administration purposes
- Experience in conducting desk-based and/or field-based investigations or research projects.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Ability to work and manage diverse team members and work alongside international and national teams
- Fluency in additional Asian languages (Khmer, Bahasa Indonesian, Burmese or Mandarin/Chinese) an asset
Applications: Submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be received on a rolling basis
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, fair and equal treatment within the workplace.