Video Producer (Thailand)
Contract length: 12 months with a 3-month probationary period
Salary range: 35,000 - 50,000 baht per month depending on experience
Working hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Annual leave of 28 days (including 13 Thai public holidays)
- 1 personal day per year
- Additional paid leave over Christmas
- Health insurance plan
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Environmental Justice Foundation’s Film Unit team as a Video Producer with a focus on investigations and evidence gathering. The role will focus on EJF’s campaigns across Southeast Asia and East Asia to gather the evidence and visual materials that underpin and support our campaigns and advocacy work. It is a unique opportunity to work with an international leader in environmental protection and human rights.
About the Role
This is a creative and challenging role that demands proven experience and skills to deliver on ambitious plans. You will be working with the Film Unit and Campaigns teams and should have experience working on campaigns, factual programming or investigative reporting. Robust camera expertise and a strong sense of journalistic ethics are critical.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently on multiple projects at the same time and be willing to take direction and shoot footage and stills according to prescribed needs and within tight time-scales. The candidate must be able to travel, sometimes for extended periods and at short notice – opportunities for overseas travel will depend on the successful candidate’s experience.
About the successful candidate
- You enjoy research and understand the fundamental need for attention to detail and factual accuracy
- You have a passion for storytelling using visual material
- You are able to deliver agreed outcomes on time and on budget, at times managing multiple projects and tight deadlines and you are able to prioritise your workload
- You are entirely comfortable taking direction and feedback, working in a team, with equal ability to work independently, taking initiative and responsibility
- Fluency in Thai
- Professional proficiency in English
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience (journalism, NGOs, film, etc)
- Shooting video and stills to a high standard on DSLRs and/or Digital Cinema Cameras on location
- Management of sensitive digital assets
- Experience cultivating and interviewing primary sources
- Foreign languages
- Editing experience (Premiere Pro)
- Experience of filming at sea
- Driving license
- Diving experience and ability to take film and/or stills underwater
- Drone flying experience
- Documentary/journalistic experience
- Developing leads for new investigations
Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job, as well as a show-reel or links to examples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and recruitment will close when an appropriate candidate has been found.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.