- Monitoring vessels using satellite tracking systems
- Analysing the information gathered on vessels activities
- Mapping illegal, unreported, and unregistered fishing activities
- Drafting suspicious vessel activity alerts and notifications
- Researching legislative information relevant to fisheries
- Translating documents from English into French
- Good research, analysis and writing skills
- Ability to analyse quantitative data
- Strong French language skills
- International Maritime Legislation knowledge is an asset
We strongly recommend signing up for EJF's volunteer network where you'll be the first to hear about all opportunities or follow us on Twitter where we tweet about our volunteer opportunities and internships.
EJF has opportunities for people looking to acquire new skills or utilise their experience by volunteering. You will work alongside a dedicated, ambitious team who will guide you and support you in your tasks. In return we offer travel and lunch expenses and a fun experience!
Ongoing tasks include:
- Researching, writing and editing reports;
- Translation - Thai, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French, Russian;
- Design (web and print) and video editing;
- Helping with campaigns - such as writing for the media, contacting celebrity campaign 'ambassadors' and assisting with the distribution of campaign reports.
If you can offer your time to assist with any of these needs, or if you have other skills that you feel may be of interest to us please enter your details in our volunteer network form below. Please also indicate if you have any particular language skills that would be helpful.
This is what EJF volunteer, Raiesa Choudhury said about her time at EJF:
“I’ve been interning and volunteering for EJF for about a month now and I have been given the opportunity to get stuck in and really make a contribution – it’s a great place to pick up new skills and find out what you’re capable of achieving! During my second week, I was given the responsibility to run a stall at the 'Africa at Spitalfields' event with other volunteers to sell our wonderful organic t-shirts. We got to talk to people about EJF’s Oceans campaign in Sierra Leone, so it was a great learning experience.”