Come and help us make a difference
Campaign Assistant – Thailand
Based: Bangkok (with opportunity to travel often)
Type of appointment: Fixed-term
Remuneration: 30,000 – 55,000 baht per month (depending on experience)
Duration of contract: 6 months (potentially renewable or convertible to a permanent position, subject to performance review)
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is seeking to employ a campaign assistant in Thailand. The position will include assisting with ongoing communications and collaboration with relevant Thai Government ministries and departments, engagement with a range of stakeholders across the fishing industry, and scientific, in-depth assessment of current and future sustainability measures. Successful candidates should be comfortable working independently, be confident in public speaking and especially during high-profile meetings, and be prepared to travel within Thailand.
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluency in Thai
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- A first degree in any relevant discipline (journalism, social science, environmental science, marine sciences)
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience (journalism, NGOs, private sector)
- Demonstrable experience forming and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to use desk-based internet research to gather information
- Familiarity with Office packages (Word, Excel)
Desirable skills and experience:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable interest in or experience working on any of the following topics: sustainable fisheries, fish stock assessment or biodiversity assessment, marine conservation issues, global seafood industry
- Professional camera experience (film or photography)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in conducting field-based investigations
- Fluency in additional Southeast Asian languages (Khmer, Indonesian or Burmese) an asset
- Car driving license
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 16th November (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Volunteering at EJF
EJF has opportunities for people looking to acquire new skills or utilise their experience by volunteering. You will work alongside a dedicated, ambitious team who will guide you and support you in your tasks. In return we offer travel and lunch expenses and a fun experience.
Sustainable Fashion volunteer researcher
Location: The successful candidate will be based in EJF’s Bath office.
Period: 3 months
EJF is looking for a creative and enthusiastic volunteer researcher to be part of its work to protect people and planet.
We are looking for a researcher to produce a campaign report on the environmental and human rights issues linked to fashion, with a major focus on cotton and synthetic or semi-synthetic fibres such as viscose.
The report will help support EJF’s calls for more organic, fairly-traded and climate neutral cotton production as a means to support livelihood needs in the Global South.
As well as researching and writing the report, you may be involved in writing webpages, blogs or other social media, as well as coming up with new ways to engage the public with this important issue.
Alongside the report, we would like support to develop and promote our campaign T-shirts, by researching new fashion designers we can approach, and ways in which we can market the designs effectively.
This is an exciting chance to gain valuable experience in the internal workings of a charity working on global issues relating to the global environment and human rights.
- Research and write campaign report; conduct image research for the report.
- Work with the comms team to produce webpages, social media features and blogs.
- Research fashion designers and brands to approach with our campaign.
- Help promote EJF T-shirt production and marketing and events on sustainable fashion.
- Excellent research, writing and communications skills, with attention to detail.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
Starting date: flexible in October or November
Working hours: 9am to 6pm, 3 days a week.
Remuneration: This is a volunteer position. Travel to or within Bath of up to £8.90 and £4 for lunch expenses per day will be covered.
To apply please send your CV and a short covering email explaining why you would like to volunteer for EJF to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15th October
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.