Come and help us make a difference
Thailand Campaign Assistant
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is seeking to employ a campaign assistant in Thailand. The position will include assisting with ongoing communications and collaboration with relevant Thai Government Ministries and Departments, engagement with a range of stakeholders across the fishing industry, and continued assessment and analysis of labour issues for workers in the seafood sector. Successful candidates should be comfortable working independently, be confident in public speaking and especially during high-profile meetings, and be prepared to travel within Thailand.
Location: Bangkok based with opportunity to travel often
Type of appointment: Fixed-term
Duration of contract: 6 months
(potentially renewable or convertible to a permanent position, subject to performance review)
Remuneration: 30,000 - 50,000 baht per month, depending on experience
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluency in Thai
- Professional proficiency in the English language
- A first degree in any relevant discipline (journalism, social science, environmental science, etc)
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience (journalism, NGOs, private sector, etc)
- Demonstrable experience forming and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to use desk-based internet research to gather information
- Familiarity with Office packages (Word, Excel, etc)
Desirable skills and experience:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable interest in or experience working on migrant or labour rights issues; marine conservation issues; the seafood industry; human trafficking, forced and bonded labour
- Professional camera experience (film or photography)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in conducting field-based investigations
- Fluency in additional Southeast Asian languages (Khmer, Indonesian or Burmese) an asset
- Car driving license
Deadline: October 1st (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Please submit a CV with covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our ads also appear on Charity Jobs, Environment Jobs, as well as Environment Job.
Volunteering at EJF
EJF has opportunities for people looking to acquire new skills or utilise their experience by volunteering. You will work alongside a dedicated, ambitious team who will guide you and support you in your tasks. In return we offer travel and lunch expenses and a fun experience!
For more information, or to find out more about our current volunteering opportunities please email email@example.com