1. Digital Campaigner
Salary range: £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
About the role
This role is for you if you are a talented and creative campaigner with strong digital and copywriting skills and passionate about the power of digital media to deliver impact to protect people and our global environment. The role is an exciting opportunity for someone with energy to develop EJF’s digital campaigns and implement a far-reaching strategy to build our supporter community. As a member of a small and dynamic campaigns and communications team, you will be a creative writer able to convey our stories and share our successes to inspire public support and generate strong impact for our work.
The role will have a clear focus on both the digital outreach that motivates people to actively support our work through campaigning, and the individual giving that is essential to support EJF’s campaigns and projects around the globe.
About the successful candidate
Key will be your proven track record in, and passion for, digital communications and storytelling to mobilize diverse audiences into taking action, and building our individual supporter relationships. You’ll have a proven track record of strategic campaigning, and a clear understanding of what motivates people to take action, utilizing this insight to identify the best way to deliver EJF’s campaign goals using social media, email and new tools and technologies.
You will have a proven desire to know the latest trends and identify new opportunities and will help bring our digital systems in line with best practice for online campaigning and fundraising. You will have experience working on a variety of digital channels and possess strong technical expertise on a variety of web and social media platforms and of using analytics to understand your audience and build campaign strategies around the data you collect.
You will have proven experience of writing and sub-editing copy for digital platforms and strong editorial skills, including commissioning and creating digital content, taking decisions, making sound judgements and publishing without supervision. You will be working within a small team, but you need to be the lead person who makes the digital communications a success, and will craft digital strategy for global and region projects, reaching the agreed KPIs, delivering campaign wins and bringing new supporters onboard.
Your technical skills will include: Significant experience of working with CMS; proficiency in Google Analytics and data analysis and a strong understanding of SEO techniques, user experience and web accessibility, and experience using creative suites (Adobe).
You will have proven ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines and know how to prioritize your workload; you have strong communication skills and you’re willing to convey these to support your colleagues working in remote teams in Africa and Asia, as well as here in the EU, motivating and enabling them to see what the story is and how it will benefit their projects.
With great attention to detail and factual accuracy, you speak and write English with complete fluency and you enjoy communicating with colleagues, the public and other audiences to inspire support for the environment, wildlife and human rights.
You may also have:
- Experience of digital marketing and fundraising, recruiting and retaining individual givers.
- Proficiency in other European language/s.
- Experience in the charity sector.
Benefits for permanent staff:
- Annual leave of 28 days increasing by 2 days each year, plus 1 personal day per year.
- Generous employer contributory pension increasing for each year of completed service.
- Private health insurance.
- Option to work from home one day per week.
Please send your CV and detailed cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants should not reapply.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 26th May 2017
2. Administrative and Finance Officer (Ghana)
Location: Cape Coast, Ghana
Reporting to: Ghana Country Coordinator
Type: Full-time, for the duration of the project (3 years) after 6 month trial period
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is looking for an organised, proactive and rigorous Administrative and Finance Officer for our growing team in Ghana.
With an experience in bookkeeping and management of operations, and a deep knowledge of the administrative procedures in Ghana, ideally applied to the NGO sector, the Administrative and Finance Officer will work closely with the Ghana Country Coordinator, and the Finance and Office Manager based in the UK.
About the project
EJF aims to build greater environmental sustainability and social equity in Ghana’s fishing sector, by reducing illegal fishing, building local capacity towards securing legal, sustainable fisheries and to promote the implementation of the FAO voluntary guidelines on the responsible governance of tenure (VGGT) in the content of national food security. EJF aims to promote food security and improved livelihoods of fishers and families by reducing illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing activities in Ghana’s Inshore Exclusion Zone (IEZ) and promoting participatory co-management of fisheries.
Overall role of Administrative and finance officer:
- Develop and oversee a project’s equipment register, inventories and management database, to ensure a close monitoring on the use of this equipment (fuel use, spare parts, equipment and vehicle tracking…)
- Ensure communication and compliance of systems developed in administrative matters at District Level.
- Assist the Country Coordinator in corresponding with various agencies and persons, by preparing draft letters and arranging for their dispatch.
- Assist with the internal correspondence such as office orders, minutes of meetings, memos etc.
- Schedule meetings, set appointments and take care of meeting details of staff.
- Ensure regular maintenance of the office building and other facilities in the organization.
- Prepare for travel arrangement or hotel accommodation of visiting international and local staff on field visits.
- Undertake accounting and financial reporting including proper recording of all financial transactions, cash and bank reconciliations together with monthly analysis, report of expenditures versus budget and cash flow projections, in collaboration with the Country Coordinator and in close relation with the Finance and Office Manager in the UK.
- Monitor expenditures, and use of project resources to ensure activities operate within budget.
- Provide monthly or quarterly reports to management on budgetary performance of the project.
- Prepare and keep proper book of all accounts (both physical and electronic) and assist for periodic financial audits.
- Prepare financial reports to the donors when required.
- Handle payroll accounts of all local staff on the project.
- Maintain accounts of advances granted to employees etc.
- Analyze all fiscal activities and ensure that they comply with accounting and legal requirements of the Ghana project office.
Essential skills and attributes:
- University degree in business administration, accounting or other relevant areas.
- At least a first successful professional experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in international development projects, the administrative procedures of donors and work with multiple currency required.
- A good knowledge of the Central Region context (local administration, local market and suppliers etc.), and in Cape Coast area in particular.
- Desirable: Knowledge and experience of the European Union development project’s administrative procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication in English, good level of Fante would be a plus.
- Problem-solving oriented.
- Ethical, responsible, enthusiastic.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to lead good interpersonal interactions with different people.
- Computer literate, particularly with Excel. Good capacity on accounting software desirable.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter in English and a salary history to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EJF has opportunities for people looking to acquire new skills or utilise their experience by volunteering.